Sunday, December 25, 2011

December Daily: 24th

We celebrated Christmas at home this year, just the four of us.  We woke up on Christmas Eve morning to find that Wally had been up to his tricks again: 


He made candy cane hot chocolate for the boys...and himself! He also got into our Kiss cookies.





Craig made bacon and eggs to go with the hot chocolate, then they went on their annual shopping trip to get a gift for me. Craig's dad would take Craig shopping for his mom's gifts on Christmas Eve, and I love that he's continuing the tradition with the boys! While they were shopping, I went to Zumba to burn off a few holiday calories I knew I'd be consuming. 

After we all got home, we made sugar cookies for Santa, and decorated them after dinner. While we were decorating, Trixie hung out under the table hoping for some crumbs, and Murray lounged in his favorite chair. 


We decided to go to Midnight Mass this year, instead of the Children's Mass at 4:30, since the Midnight Mass was preceded by a half hour of holiday music. We snapped some family pics using a tripod as we were running out the door to Mass: 


After we got home and the boys were in bed, Craig and I stuffed stockings and put gifts under the tree. We don't put any gifts under the tree until Christmas morning -- less temptation for the kids and dogs to get into them!

Before we finally got to bed around 1:30AM, we set up the tripod again and got some pics of the two of us:
Good thing Craig's a very patient guy! I'm so glad we took the time to get family pics and a few of the two of us -- so worth it! 

No comments: