Sunday, December 11, 2011

December Daily: 11th {Sunday Scene}

Our church's Men's Club hosted breakfast with Santa this morning, and since we had gone to Mass on Saturday, we went to the breakfast during 10:00 Mass. Our timing couldn't have been better: there was one person on Santa's lap when we arrived, and no line! The boys marched right up to Santa, and Zach launched in on his list. Evan was a little quieter, and needed some prompting to share his list with Santa, but eventually he did. Santa reminded the boys how important it is to listen to their parents, and sent them o their way with goody bags and small stuffed dogs. Then we enjoyed glazed donuts for breakfast.

I've been wanting to make some photo props and take fun pics of the boys for a while, and we finally did it this afternoon! It was a little hard for them to coordinate the props, sit still, smile, etc. but it worked. Evan really got into it. I love his naughty and nice poses! Zach was more reserved -- he didn't want to make a naughty face.

I thought it would be fun to get some pics of the boys on Craig's childhood sled, and they had the idea to  have "Santa" sit on the sled and a "reindeer" pull it. They took turns being Santa and the reindeer, and posing with the naughty and nice signs.


I plan to print out the cards below as 5x7 photos so they boys can give them as Christmas cards to their classmates. 



I made the props from stiff felt, plush pipe cleaners, thin dowel rods, and wood skewers using patterns I found online.

No comments: