Monday, September 13, 2010

First Day of Pre-K

Zach started pre-K at a Catholic grade school a few weeks ago. He was excited to start school, but he was most excited about his first-ever lunch box, which has Toy Story characters on it.

Ready for school


Finally, I'll have the toys all to myself while Big Bro is at school.


The preschool garden

Whew! I made it through the day - and I'm still smilin'

Zach talks a mile a minute about what he does at school when I pick him up each afternoon. He enjoys recess, art class, and computers the most so far. Twice when we were walking into school, two other little boys have said "there's Zach, my school buddy!"

His first homework assignment was to make an "All About Me" poster to share with his class. Each student gets a whole week to be the "star" during which is posted an extra pictures are displayed on the bulletin board. Here's what Zach wrote on his poster (why didn't I take a picture of it before he turned it in???): Favorites: color - blue, food - pizza, book - Lion King. When I grow up, I want to be: a zookeeper (or Bolt the dog). My friends: Will, Michael, Nick, Dylan, Nate (our neighbor boys -- he's lovin' having friends in our neighborhood), and Evan (oh, he really does love his brother!). He included pics of Trixie and Murray, our family, himself at the beach, himself as a baby, and one of he and Evan in their Cardinals shirts.

At the back-to-school ice cream social, we learned that the principal eats lunch with Zach and some of his buddies. We also learned from his teacher and the principal that Zach likes to tell stories....I'd love to be a fly on the wall to hear what he talks about. I'm not sure if he spins tall tales or just talks about things that really happen.

Although he's really happy about school when I pick him up, he's reluctant to go each morning. I'm hoping once he gets into the swing of things, he'll be a little more enthusiastic in the morning.

No comments: