We went to the Children's Mass at 4:30, which included music from the children's choir. After Mass, we came home, had dinner, listened to Christmas music and read Christmas stories. Before bed, we headed outside to sprinkle reindeer food on the front yard so Santa's reindeer could find us.
After we put the reindeer food out, we came inside to check Santa's path on NORAD, and to watch one more video from Santa courtesy of the Portable North Pole.
Then we put out milk and cookies -- the ones the boys decorated with our friends the other night -- for Santa, and carrots for the reindeer.
The boys slept until 8:00 on Christmas morning! Shocking, I know, but it seems like they've slept later than usual almost every Christmas.
Even the dogs posed on the steps without being asked. A Christmas miracle, I think.
Santa left a note for the boys, along with cookie crumbs.
Santa brought Zach Toothless and Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon. He was really excited; can you tell from the look on his face?
Evan got a Leapster from Santa.
The boys told Craig they wanted to get me a ring (wow, they're learnin' early!), and they picked out this gem. Pretty, isn't it? And big. And costume, thank goodness, since I'm not sure how much wear I'll get out of a giant periodot ring!
Craig gave me a Kindle! Wooo-hooo! I love the idea of having multiple books on one little device that I can throw in my purse. I'm frequently reading more than one book at a time, so the Kindle is perfect for me. I can't wait to travel with it -- no more lugging a ton of books on vacation.
The boys and I got Craig some new clothes. He desperately needed new jeans and cords and casual shirts/sweaters.
Stocking stuffers: lighted reindeer antlers...
...and chocolate coins that Daddy needed to unwrap. Plus chapstick and tangerines.
What a nice Christmas! We hope you had a wonderful, peaceful Christmas as well.


No comments:
Post a Comment