It was a nice, quiet day at my Dad's, and the boys really enjoyed spending time with him. He got them cute Notre Dame shirts and neat Fisher Price computers that have educational games on them. They enjoy playing with them, and its so cute how Evan asks for "my 'puter". I can tell already that Evan's learning more letters from playing the games, and Zach is getting better and better at the games. As my Dad pointed out, the computers are nice because they don't have a million little pieces. They've been great for the boys to play in the car too. He also got them some books to add to the collection of bedtime stories he reads to the boys over the phone -- aren't speaker phones and free night/weekend calling great? I love that technology helps us stay in touch.
Side note: since my Dad has been under the weather, he didn't feel like getting out to shop, but really wanted to pick out Christmas gifts for the kids himself. Although he's not much of an online shopper, my sister and I suggested he shop on Amazon.com -- what's not to love about good toy prices and free shipping? He tried it, and now I think we've created an Amazon addict! Sorry, Becky...
As a treat for my Dad, I make meringue peaks, just like my grandma used to make. Its one of his (and my) favorite treats. We discovered that Evan really likes them too. Crai g and Zach, not so much.
Thanks for a fun day, the computers, ND shirts, and books Grandpa! We're so glad we got to spend some time with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment