I love the Holidays - getting together with family and friends, the traditions, decorating the house, Christmas Trees, and the cheerful, almost magical, spirit that takes over. Each year, I vow to savor the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas, but it always flies by -- even more so now that we have kids.
I came across a great idea for recording the Holidays on Ali Edwards' blog: the December Daily album (here). It documents and celebrates December 1-25, or however many days you choose.
When I initially read about the December Daily, I wanted to make a fabulous scrapbook. But I didn't get the prep work done during November, so rather than scrapping the whole idea, I decided to blog my December Daily.
Yes, you read correctly: I planned to blog each day from December 1-25. My goal was to document what I truly treasure about the Holidays, to slow down and enjoy the month, do what is most important to my family and me, and celebrate the season by capturing it in pictures and blog posts. But then life interrupted my best-laid plans, and I have yet to blog this month. I even missed Wordless Wednesday last week.
The perfectionist in me wants to dump the whole project since I haven't started it yet. However, I'm going to do my best to document December given all the demands on my time right now, whether its a daily post or a weekly re-cap. I want to live in the moment, be present, and enjoy the here and now, so I'm hoping this project will help me focus and reflect on all the things that make December so special. Maybe someday I'll use the blog posts to create the fabulous scrapbook I had intended, you know, when the boys are raised and I'm retired or something!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a fabulous post and idea! Time with your loved ones and to be thankful, even past November and in the hustle and bustle of December is what life should be about. Thank you for a reminder of that, and even if I can't write something daily, perhaps I can write a few times a week to remember special memories.
P.S. I love that the other blogger has a "Simon" too! ;D
Post a Comment