Back row: Ann, Michelle, Kara, Kate, Sandy
Front row: me, Paula, Jenny, Jenny
On Friday, December 11, we attended the group's annual holiday party. Thanks for hosting, Michelle! We had a blast. The boys were sweaty and tired by the time we headed home...is there any better endorsement for a party than that? Unfortunately I forgot my camera, but I borrowed this pic from my friend's blog (thanks, Sandy!) - a rare shot of the moms together, minus a few who couldn't make the party.
One thing I really like about this group is that the boys get to see other families that look like ours, especially since Zach has just recently started commenting on skin and hair color. At dinner one night, he told me that I'm "a little bit brown" and that Daddy's "not brown at all" and that Baby Braylon is going to grow up with "brown skin and black hair like me". It was a good opening to talk about adoption and how some families look alike and some don't.
Its obvious to everyone else that we don't look alike, but I sort of forget this fact. Occassionally I'll be caught off guard for a second when a stranger approaches us to ask if the boys were adopted, like "how'd you know that?!"
Anyway, I'm so thankful for this group and the friendships! Thanks, ladies!
No comments:
Post a Comment