
...for a good cause!
Guatemala's orphanages are over-crowded, and they struggle to provide the most basic necessities, like food, clothing, medical care, and education. The orphanages don't receive any support from the government, and there's never enough money to care for all the kids, especially now that international adoptions are closed.
I think about these kids a lot, as do the other moms in our Guatemala play group. These are some motivated mommies...if something's on their minds, they're doing something about it. So, we're holding a gigantic garage sale on September 25-27, with all the proceeds going to feed children in Guatemalan orphanages! What we need now is stuff to sell. If you have any clothes, kid stuff, housewares, furniture, etc. that you'd like to donate, please let me know. I'll make arrangements to pick it up and store it until the sale. One mom's junk is another's treasure!
We're in the process of narrowing down the organizations that will receive the proceeds from the sale. One organization in the running is Casa Guatemala: http://www.casa-guatemala.org/ As soon as we select the final recipients, I'll post info here -- and I'll be sure to post the total amount raised.
All donations are appreciated. Thank you for helping the children in our sons' birth country, who will always be near and dear to our hearts.
1 comment:
I don't have anything to donate since we has a yard sale for my mission trip, but I do have another organization to recommend: http://www.casaparaninos.com/
We visited this orphanage on our trip and it was an amazing place with amazing people that really have a heart for the children of Guatemala.
Post a Comment