Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catching Up

Wow, its been a busy week! I spent last Thursday morning at the hospital with Andrea, Bo, and Braylon, then headed to work. They went home Friday evening, and they're doing well. Andrea seems to recovering, and Braylon is such a good baby. He's a great sleeper, and he's working on eating more.


On Friday evening, I went with girlfriends to a Christmas Tree Auction to benefit the Imagination Library, which mails a free book each month to children ages birth to five. Companies sponsor trees that are decorated by local flower shops, clubs, and creative mavens. The trees were beautiful, and I ended up buying one! Its was one of the first trees to be auctioned, and the crowd wasn't really bidding at that point -- lucky for me. The adorable snowman tree I bought was delivered Saturday morning, fully decorated and wrapped in plastic wrap. Its a little early for me to put up a Christmas tree, but what else is there to do with a decorated tree? The boys are thrilled to have the tree up, but I think they're going to be disappointed that Santa isn't coming for another month.


On Saturday night, I had supper club with some very dear girlfriends. We've met once a month for dinner and lots of conversation for the past ten years. Oh my, how our lives have changed in ten years. I wish I would have kept a journal of all the restaurants we've visited, what was going on in our lives, and more photos of us together.
While I was at dinner, Craig took the kids to the parade to kick off the Walkway of Lights. The boys were excited to see Santa Claus riding on a fire truck, as well as all the lights. Then on Sunday, we went to a friend's house for football and a "test" Thanksgiving. They wanted to try out a new turkey recipe before the big day and invited friends to bring recipes they wanted to test. It was such a nice afternoon. Our boys were the only kids there, so they gobbled up the attention.

No comments: