Sunday, November 30, 2008

One Year Ago

One year ago today, with Evan in our arms, we left Guatemala City around noon and arrived at home around 2:00AM. After a long day of travel, we tucked our two boys into their beds safe and sound, and began our life as a family of four.
Heading for the US Embassy

Our first pic at home...hopefully Zach was just unhappy to be awake at 2AM

Where has the time gone? I can’t believe its been a year already. But in lots of ways, it seems like Evan’s been part of our lives forever, and I can't imagine life without his belly laughs, flirty smiles, and sweet kisses.


Its on special days like today that I pause to think about how thankful I am that Evan is our son. What I wouldn't give to tell his birth mother thank you and let her know that Evan is healthy, full of personality, and dearly loved. We pray that she's safe, happy, healthy and at peace. Evan, we are so lucky to be your parents. I love you!

No comments: