Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A Budding Artist

Craig and I just returned from a relaxing, long weekend in San Antonio. He had a conference, and I enjoyed quite a bit of R&R. The boys stayed home with Grandma and Auntie and enjoyed being spoiled. Evan was an angel the entire time. Being the second child in the family, he always has to share our attention, so Evan took advantage of Auntie's undivided attention. Zach, on the other hand, was a little more of a challenge. He refused to fall asleep until 1:30AM one night, and another night, he got up and did a little art project in the middle of the night.

Part of the masterpiece -- Auntie had scrubbed the upper part of the door already.

Can you guess what that is on the door? Lipstick! Zach got out of bed, found lipstick in the master bathroom, then wrote on the bathroom door with it. When he'd used up all the lipstick, he put the it back in the drawer, washed his hands, then went to wake up Grandma with his icy cold hands. He was really proud of his masterpiece until Grandma explained that we never, ever write on walls or doors, nor do we use Mommy's lipstick. Zach cried when Grandma showed us the picture, and told me a lady painting walls on HGTV was naughty, so hopefully this is the end of writing on the walls. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm sure it was a mess, but that is the cutest thing ever! Good for Zach for washing his hands and putting the lipstick away when he was done;0) Hee hee! Aidan drew all over my kitchen one morning with a black sharpie...I know the fun! Hope you and Craig had a good time. See you soon.

Margaret mom to Peter, and waiting for his sister said...

LOL, Peter decorated our cabana in the backyard with chalk. I was outside and caught him in the act, and told him not to do it. I didn't think it was a big deal, until I tried to wipe it off - guess what it didn't. I even used the hose and still there. The other day, daddy noticed it and he wasn't too happy about the art work. LOL. I am sure that is not the end of it.

have a great summer.
margaret