Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Two Years Ago Today

After a long morning of travel, we arrived at the Marriott in Guatemala City and anxiously awaited Zach's arrival. We couldn't believe our long and sometimes bumpy journey to adopt Zach was coming to an end, and a whole new adventure was about to begin.

Two years ago today, Zach was placed in our arms forever by his foster mother Angela. On one hand, it seems like just yesterday. On the other, it seems like he's been part of our lives forever, and I can't imagine life without his great laugh, big hugs, and the sly way he figures out how to get what he wants.


Zach is officially a Miller!

Heading to the U.S. Embassy


It is on special days like today that I pause to think about how thankful I am that Zach is our son, and what an unbelievable road led us to becoming a family -- from things that happened in our life to events that happened in his birth family's lives to the timing, paperwork, and details that had to fall into place to make it all happen. I would give anything to tell Zach's birth mother thank you and let her know Zach is healthy, full of spunk, and loved beyond words. We pray that she's safe, happy, and healthy. Zach, we are so lucky to be your parents. I love you, Bunny!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ang, your post brought tears to my eyes. We are soooo lucky, aren't we?? Hope you guys had a great day celebrating being a family forever!!!