Monday, May 16, 2011

Seen & Overheard

Seen.

Rainy Sunday afternoon lounging in the sunroom, having a pajama day, watching golf/basketball/baseball/NASCAR.






Overheard.

Evan took a late nap on Saturday afternoon. When I woke him up shortly after 5PM, he asked where daddy was. I told Evan he and Zach went to church, then I said "Evan, you slept through mass!"

Evan's response, and I quote: "Good."

As my sister said, at least the kid is honest.  Catholic Pre-K will do him good next year.

One more: While getting upset with me for making crazy requests (such as "Eat your breakfast" and "Get your shoes on for school"), Zach told me "I'm moving out to Grandma's house and never coming back!"

After dropping Zach off at school, Evan and I were in the van, waiting for the preschool doors to open. He got upset with me because he wanted to go into preschool NOW, and told me "I'm going to Grandma's and I'll never see you again!"

After taking Evan inside, the van tires squealed in the parking lot as I rushed home to pack the boys' bags and wish Grandma good luck. She's going to need it.

No comments: