We jokingly call Evan "Evan Almighty" because if a question is asked by anyone within his earshot, he'll answer it. For example, if I ask Craig "Do we need to pick up clothes from the dry cleaner?" Evan will answer, regardless of whether he knows the answer or not. I think Evan's beloved Aunt Kay actually gave him that nickname.
Evan was excited about his birthday for weeks leading up to it, singing "Happy Birthday to Evan" whenever the mood struck. We celebrated his birthday on his actual birth date, January 30 (I'm a little behind on the blog...I still have December Daily posts waiting to be put up; life's been a little crazy, but more about that coming soon) at home with a party for family. Evan always enjoys a party, especially his own.
Making a wish
Evan was very gracious in letting his big brother help open gifts. If the roles were reversed, I'm not sure Zach would have been so tolerant. The boys are the best of friends -- but also the worst of enemies at times -- and Evan really admires his older brother. Its neat to watch their relationship grow and change, and see how they interact, which sometimes resembles the WWF!
Happy Birthday, sweet little Evan! We love you very much. I wish your birthmom could see how feisty, happy, healthy, and loved you are. I hope she somehow knows you're doing well, and that this knowledge brings her comfort and peace.
1 comment:
Happy Birthday Evan!!! (Yes, we are a little behind on blogging too. Watch out! I'm going to attempt to catch up today) Hugs to you and your family from us.
Post a Comment